Over the weekend I took a quick trip to Miami for some fun in the sun. It was so hot and draining, but totally worth it. Here’s a look at some quick snaps. We stayed at The Setai which I highly recommend!
No matter how much the world changes, the need for beauty and fabulous fashions will never change. In fact, many Individuals are clamoring for a beautiful and fashionable look, and they share the same feeling with every designer who thinks of new creations that will be in fashion, which is what makes following the latest trends so much fun. To enjoy these amazing benefits, and to remain plugged into the industry’s latest news, people are resorting to giving all ears to the big, juicy, world of fashion and beauty podcasts.
With a burning desire to turn the fashion industry on its head, and to provide a more in-depth perspective on it, Glenn Mckeva Wiggins, a graduate of Alabama A&M University who holds a degree in the field of international business and Fashion Design launched False Image Fashion Podcast.
Today, he is thrilled to announce the season two launch event, which is scheduled to hold on August 28, 2016, starting from 7 pm to 10 pm at the Westbeth Artists Housing and Center for the Arts. The exclusive event promises to be educative, inspiring, and entertaining, as people will discover their genuine passion and hard work, which come across their artisanship from people’s candid stories that will be shared in a fascinating way. False Image Fashion Podcast season two-launch event will feature an art presentation and film screening that will inspire people to remain zealous in all their endeavors while having a substantial purpose and desire in mind.
Check out the Press Release.False Image Fashion Podcast.
I’ve had pretty good skin for the majority of my life, but lately my skin has been going HAM, and breakouts seems to be a regular occurrence. Not cute. Healthy skin is happy skin, so I’ve added a few products into my skin care regime to help clear things up. These 5 products have been working really well for me, so I wanted to share them with some of you who may be battling with acne as well. Best of all these products are very affordable. You can find them online and at most drugstores. I made it easy for you and linked the products that I could find online 🙂
- SheaMoisture African Black Soap I love this soap. It gets your face squeaky clean without over drying it. It helps clear acne and prevent new breakouts. I only use it on my face but if you have acne on your chest, shoulders, or back, you can use this soap for those areas as well. Definitely a must try.
- Clean & Clear Acne Spot Treatment This is your standard salicylic acid treatment. You simply apply it to a pimple and watch it disappear! You can use this up to three times a day, but I only use it before bed because I usually wear makeup during the day.
- Vitamin E Oil You can get Vitamin E oil pretty much anywhere, but I get mine from Trader Joe’s. It helps with hyperpigmentation and brightens the skin. Beauty must have.
- Garnier Clearly Brighter Overnight Leave-On Peel This is a new beauty favorite that I discovered a few weeks ago at Walmart. You simply apply a thin layer to your dark spots and it helps to fade them so that your skin is more even. It’s been working really well for me and I highly suggest it.
- Botanics Hydrating Day Cream Everyone needs a good day cream, and this one is awesome. It’s lightweight and leaves your skin feeling very smooth. It leaves the skin with the perfect balance of being hydrated, but not oily. The only con about this product is the smell – it is not pleasant and it’s strong. But if you can look past that this is a great product. Not to mention it claims to be 81% organic which is a plus after using all those chemicals to fight acne.
I hope you all enjoyed this list and found it helpful!
stoop kid’s afraid to leave his stoop.
NYC has been my go to place lately because there’s so much to do at any given time. I love hopping on the train and going wherever the wind takes me. Checkout my top 4 current favorite places in the city.
- Levain Bakery This place has the best cookies you will ever taste in your entire life. ALL JOKES ASIDE. I waited over 30 minutes in line to get my hands on one and it was completely worth it.
- Union Square If you want to checkout the city but don’t want to go to the super touristy area of Times Square then you should definitely checkout Union Square. It’s a cool place to hangout with friends or go on a date. Not to mention they have a lot of events in the summer time!
- Piano’s This is a really cool club that I went to a couple of weeks ago. It’s a dope place to meet new people, have a drink, and dance your butt off all night.
- Shake Shack They have really good chicken sandwiches. Like really good. The Upper East Side location is an awesome place to relax outside and enjoy the weather.
Hey everyone! Watch my video below to see a review and demo of the CoverGirl Natural Hue liquid makeup from the Queen Collection! I received this product from Influenster. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
I hope everyone is having a great week! It was beautiful outside today so I put on this super casual outfit and headed outdoors. You can definitely dress this outfit up with a pair of pumps, but I kept it simple with Flip-Flops from Old Navy. My crop top is from Forever 21 (got it forever ago). My skirt is from Boohoo.com and my necklace is from a random shop in NYC. I’m wearing stay luscious lipstick from the CoverGirl Queen collection in the color crown ruby.
I’ve been seeing this tag going around on YouTube called ’15 Favorite Feelings.’ I thought it was a cute idea so I decided to do it here on the blog. My favorite feelings are not that exciting. I guess I’m more of a simple girl in that sense. I hope you enjoy and I tag everyone reading this to do it!
For the past two years in a row I was fortunate enough to have traveled to California. Cali holds a very special place in my heart. I always toy with the idea of moving there, or buying a house there because it’s such a beautiful state. For todays ThrowbackThursday, I thought I’d share some pics from my previous trips! Let me know in the comments some of your favorite places to visit. XO
Another year older, Another year wiser…
This year has been filled with so many blessings! I’m so thankful for everything and everyone that I have in my life. It’s a weird time for me because I feel like I’m officially transitioning into adulthood (it was a slow start lol) but everything happens for a reason and I am a strong believer in God’s timing. 🙂
Last night a few friends came over to pregame and then we headed into the city. I feel like pregaming is always more fun than the club because we actually get to talk to each other and just enjoy each other’s company. I remember when I turned 21 and I was obsessed with going out to clubs. I would go out 4 or 5 days a week and feel perfectly fine. Now that I’m older, it just takes so much effort for me to go out lol. It’s currently 9pm and I’ve been in my bed for most of the day trying to recuperate from last night! I obviously can’t hang.
I hope everyone has a great and productive week and I’ll catch you in the next one! XO
It’s been a while since I’ve updated you all! The weather is absolutely beautiful today so I plan on getting some work done and then heading outdoors!
I have two major things to update you on! The first is: I cut all of my hair off. And the second is: I am walking in May graduation. I know – CRAZY.
Last week on Thursday my class was canceled and I was just laying in bed looking up at the ceiling and decided, I should cut my hair. I did some research, booked the appointment for the same day, and told my stylist to chop it all off. My hair was extremely damaged and I hadn’t been to a salon in years. I was sick of covering up the damage with extensions and just wanted to feel free. It also got to a point where I was feeling burdened by having to style my hair everyday. I just couldn’t be bothered by it any longer. So I chopped it all off. And it was the best decision ever. I wish I had done it sooner! I get ready so much quicker now. I just take my scarf off, finger comb my hair into place, and I’m out the door! Not to mention I’ve gotten so many compliments on it. I feel like it was perfect timing too because the weather is getting warmer and I don’t have to worry about all that hair down my back lol.
Shawl: Forever 21
T-Shirt: Old Navy
As you may or may not know – I’m currently a first semester senior in college. I met with my advisor last week and found out that I only need to take one more class for my major, and three more classes in order to graduate with 128 credits. After careful consideration I decided to take all of the classes during the summer session so that I don’t have to go back in the fall! I’m super excited because I originally thought that I wouldn’t graduate until January 2017, but I will be a graduate in August 2016 😃. This news came at the perfect time because I was so unmotivated and felt like I was never going to finish. Now that I’m walking in the May commencement I finally feel like I can actually see the light at the end of the tunnel!